Brussels Sprouts with polenta and eggs

Y'all.  I'm back.  I know, I know.  It's been OVER A YEAR.  Too long.  What has kept me so busy?  Well, I got a new job (ok, ok, not so new anymore since I've been here for over a year) that I LOVE.  Between working full time and teaching yoga and taking care of my two precious angels of dogs and helping with my local farmers market and the missions committee at my church, well, I'm a bit busy.  But at long last...I'm back in the game.


Please tell me y'all can name (and love) that movie!

So to celebrate my return I thought I'd start with a little comfort food.  Comfort food is the best.  One of my favorite comfort foods is breakfast for supper.  Brupper if you will.  But let's be honest, there are only so many ways to eat eggs and bacon before you get burned out.  Enter this recipe.  It's a twist on breakfast in that it's polenta (side bar: my husband says polenta is the rich man's grits and I think he might be right because they taste the same to me.  Except I don't think cornmeal is any more expensive than grits.) and brussels sprouts.  So it's a good way to add vegetables to your brupper, which I've always struggled with.




Yummy delish.

Ingredients

1 cup Brussels sprouts (halved if you're inclined)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, smashed
White or yellow cornmeal
2 eggs, fried
2 slices of bacon
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Drizzle Brussels sprouts with olive oil garlic. Cook at 350 for 20 mins.  

While Brussels sprouts are roasting, prepare polenta.  (I'd recommend diving her recipe by two or even three.)

Serve cooked polenta in a bowl and top with one egg.  Crumble one slice of bacon on top. 


2 comments: