Brussels Sprouts Salad


To quote the blog where I found this recipe, "Toasted walnuts, crunchy brussels sprouts smothered with finely grated Parmesan cheese and lightly coated in a mustard dressing! HECK YES."  Heck yes, indeed, my faithful readers.  Heck yes.

She actually calls it "addictive brussels sprouts salad" and she's right.  The first few bites it's just a salad is a salad is a salad.  But after about four or five bites I couldn't get enough.  My friend doesn't like walnuts, and that makes me sad for her.  The good news is that this salad would probably be good with any kind of nut.  I think it would be good with dried cranberries or apples added, too.  Something sweeter to counteract the bitterness of the raw Brussels sprouts.  I actually made the entire recipe and then put dressing on only half of it for dinner so the leftovers wouldn't get soggy.  The leftovers are in the refrigerator right now waiting for me.  In fact, excuse me while I go eat them right this minute.

Ingredients

1 pound or more Brussels sprouts, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 cup walnuts, halved and toasted
9 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cinder vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

Directions

Shred the Brussels sprouts in a food processor or chop with a knife. 


Toss the sprouts in a bowl, top with toasted walnuts and grated cheese. 


In a small jar add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and mustard with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Put a lid on the jar and shake it up. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir thoroughly. 


Best served immediately.


Recipe from here

4 comments:

  1. Despite the icky walnuts I think this looks delish! My Mom uses a similar dressing over raw cabbage with green apples for cole slaw(since we all know I hate mayo, too) and it is fab. And I love a good bloggy shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is delish! Perhaps I'll make it at one of our Friday night soirees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found this at the very same blog and made it last night but lewis hated it! I loved it, but as much as I keep trying to make him like a brussel sprout, he really just doesn't like them! I'm eating the leftovers for lunch though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...gotta love pinterest :) Travis didn't like it, either. But as far as I'm concerned, that just means there's more for me!

    ReplyDelete