Homemade Larabars

These guys, they're delicious.
photo from here

You know what else they are? Well, the correct answer is not cheap. But they are so, so good. 100% natural. Fewer then four, maybe five ingredients. No added sugar. And yet perfectly sweet. Truly they taste like a treat. I could go on and on. As Mary Poppins would say, they're practically perfect in every way. Practically perfect, not actually perfect, because I can't get past the cost. 

A few weeks ago, I got a text message from a friend telling me that I should feature larabars on this blog. She's a faithful follower (thank you, Alyana!) and she said she'd love a recipe. Loving my followers as I do, I can't help but oblige when they ask for a recipe. So, here you go, Alyana. I've been wanting to try this recipe for awhile, and Alyana just pushed me over the edge. So you can thank her when you realize how easy (and yummy) and how much cheaper it is to make your own larabars at home.  And if you want to try other recipes (think along the lines of chocolate) visit this blog.

Ingredients*

1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup dates
2/3 cup almonds
1/2 teaspoon finely grated zest
1 drop almond extract

Directions

Place blueberries, dates, and almond extract in a food proccessor and blend until it turns into a thick paste.

 




Place nuts in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add nuts to the paste mixture and knead together with fingers until well mixed. (The mixture is very sticky, so just get ready!).
 




Place onto cutting board or other flat surface and form into long rectangle. 


Score and then cut into individual bars.
 




Store in airtight container.

*Another similar recipe (not listed on the above-blog). Same directions, different ingredients. 1/2 cup dried cherries, 1/2 cup dates, 2/3 cup almonds, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.


(Recipes from The Real Food Diet Cookbook by Dr. Josh Axe)

No comments:

Post a Comment