Mini Caprese Bites

Cutest.  Appetizer.  Ever.

Like I said last week, I'm on a tomato roll.  Lots of tomatoes around our house that need eating before they go bad.  That includes cherry tomatoes.  Coincidentally, I came across this recipe just a day before my mother gave me this:


Block o' cheese.  Fresh mozzarella cheese to be exact.  I would've been exited to receive said block o' cheese even if I hadn't just come across this recipe because it is delish on the homemade pizza the hubs and I might be found eating on any given Friday night.  I was especially excited, though, because I think these mini caprese bites are the cutest things ever.  I mean, an entire plate of them sitting out as an appetizer would almost be too cute to eat.  And they are super easy to make.  All you need is a knife and some toothpicks and voila.  Cutest appetizer ever.

Ingredients

1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
Fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Thread one basil leaf, 1 tomato half, 1 cube of cheese, and another tomato half onto a toothpick.  Place prepared toothpicks in a shallow dish.

Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.  Drizzle oil mixture over toothpicks.  Remove from shallow dish to get rid of any extra oil and vinegar.  Place onto serving dish and serve. 



(Recipe from www.framedcooks.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment