Menu

If I've said it once in the past year, I've said it 100 times.  The key to eating real foods, to eating right, is organization.  Every Friday night (sometimes Thursday night or early Saturday morning if I'm busy on Friday night) I plan my meals for the next week.  After I plan my meals I make a farmers' market list and grocery store list.  Then every Saturday morning the hubs and I hit the farmers' market followed by the grocery store.  It's become our routine, and I love it.  I love having a fully stocked refrigerator and pantry by Saturday afternoon.  So the next week I don't have to think.  I just come home from work, check my menu list, and start cooking.  I would love one day to be able to cook a lot of food in advance and stock my freezer so when I'm in a pinch I can just pull something out of the freezer.  That's for another day and another time, though.  A day and time when my Saturdays (i.e. my one errand day of the week) aren't so precious.  Until then, I'm happy with my Friday night planning, Saturday morning shopping routine. 


I've had a lot of people ask me for my menus, just to give them ideas of what to cook.  Because let's face it, we all get in ruts.  So I'm going to try to post my menus every Sunday for the upcoming week.  Maybe it will give you ideas for your meals.  Or maybe it will inspire you to plan your own menus a week in advance.  I hope it helps!  Let me know what you think.


So without further ado...

Monday:  taco salad (recipe from this blog) and steamed broccoli
Tuesday:  whole wheat pizza pockets (recipe also from this blog) and salad
Wedneday: brupper (aka breakfast for supper)
Friday: pork chops (recipe also from the fresh 20 (I'll post it, too, if it's good)) and brussels sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment